Friday, October 23, 2009

Proverbios 13:23 (Proverb 13:23)

23. En el barbecho de los pobres hay mucho pan; Mas se pierde por falta de juicio.




  • This is talking about food and justice. My interpretation to this does not really deal with actual food.

  • As I read this I cannot help but think of the breas as the food of God, of God's word. For it says in the word that the word of God is the food to our souls. This verse also goes on to say that it is wasted for lack of justice. When it speaks of justice I think of Jesus Christ for He became the justification for our sins.

  • I interpret it this way. When it speaks of the poor it is talking about the poor in spirit. Even though they are poor there is "much food in their fallow ground" which means there is much potential within them to do great things for the kingdom of God. Yet because they lack justice, that food is wasted. Since they do not have Jesus Christ they lack that understanding of that great potential they carry for they are not aware of the wonders of God, of the amazing gift Jesus Christ has given us. Through Jesus we are able to take possession of those amazing gifts. Through His name we are able to cast out demons, heal the sick, etc., etc. I man how cool is that!
  • We have a great potential within us that for the lack of knowing Christ, for the lack of knowing the word of God, we waste amazing gifts that have been bestowed upon through the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment